Followers

Saturday, August 16, 2014

On a Roll, with Comedy...



Greetings!  The weeks they do fly by, don't they!  It is time for a new challenge over at Inkspirational and this time it is a colour challenge!  A great color combo of Red, Orange and Yellow to be exact.  Please pop over to Inkspirational for the fine details about adding neutrals to your project and to see the WIDE range of projects the Design Team have come up with to Inspire you!


Two posts in a row, I sought comedy for my posts.  How unusual!  I recently acquired some quirky sentiments from Dylusions by Ranger and remembered this focal image by Lost Coast Designs that was begging to be inked up for the first time, and came across when I was considering images for last week's post and everything seem to fall into place. The stencils are from Red Lead Paperworks and were inked with Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks.  I thought they gave the impression of coffee rings!  The focal image was stamped with Archival Ink, trimmed and mounted over the stenciling.  The sentiment was stamped with Black Archival Ink and then trimmed, distressed with Pumice Stone Distress Ink and added to the card front.  I also lightly distressed the edges of the card with  Pumice Stone Distress Ink.  A repurposed sheer red and white dotted ribbon was fashioned into a simple bow and added to the top right corner of my card.  I hope you will get inky and share your own creation with us!  On another note, my husband and I settled on our new home in my home town yesterday!  I have been away for over a decade and am so excited to move back home and be just two miles from all of my children, grandchildren and extended family.  We plan to move in early September.  As you might expect, I am holding out my art supplies to the bitter end for packing! I'll share photos of my new art studio when it is set up! Thanks so much for stopping by!


Hugs, Yvonne

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Creative use of the colors Yvonne! I like those "rings" of color.
Also, congrats on the new home! It is exciting to be moving closer to family.
- Shauna

sandie said...

I love the fun in this card Yvonne and kind of apt with the move on the way! The background circles is a fab touch too....don't we feel like we are running in circles when we clean! So where is this gorgeous house? xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card, full of joy. Your new home looks great.

Anonymous said...

This is a great card, love the sentiment and as for your new home, it is beautiful.
Wishing you and your DH many happy times in your home once you are settled.
Wishes
Lynne

Darlene said...

home looks lovely !!! trying to talk my DH into moving back 'home' when I retire next year !! Great crafting going on there ! enjoy
Darlene

Marina said...

So pleased that you've found a lovely new home Yvonne.

Love the card - great sentiment that I can relate to, and the coffee rings really go with the theme.

Michelle said...

I love the colors! And that sentiment is awesome. :)

Good luck with your move! It'll be so wonderful to be close to your family!

Miss Iowa said...

What a great card, Yvonne! I love those snarky sentiments. Your new home is beautiful! Hope the move goes smoothly and that you enjoy being back in your home town.

Shirley said...

Beautiful Yvonne and I don't just mean your new house. Love the saying on the card.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Kay Wallace said...

Congratulations both on the beautiful home and lovely artwork, Yvonne.

Terry said...

Love your sense of humor! That card is total fun all the way around and I love the sentiment and image. Funny I posted a humorous card as well last week! Something in the air! I love your new home and it looks so inviting. No doubt you will be very happy being near to all your family as will they all be! Congratulations and looking forward to the updated craftroom photos!

Deepti said...

What a cool design and image :)

cm said...

Good grief, but I'm slow in commenting; queen of disorganized and distracted! Your card is hilarious; I've been house-cleaning like this pretty much all summer (and the size and number of dust bunnies are proof). Your new home...swooning! Being close to your family...awesome! Oh, how I wish...
Hugs~c

Dria said...

Congrats on the new home! It looks great and I can't wait to see your new creative space!