Followers

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Get Your Kicks on Route 66!


Greetings!  Thanks for stopping by.  My post today is an 8" x 10" canvas that I created for the new challenge that starts today over at Eclectic Ellapu.  Our theme is "Around the World, Land, Country or Holiday." After looking through my stamp images, I decided to stay in the USA this time, and pulled out this vintage set of images from Artistic Outpost called Route 66. My canvas is a "Road Trip" on Route 66! There is a song call "Get Your Kicks on Route 66 from 1946 that has been recorded by numerous artists and pays homage to US Route 66 highway, which used to run a long distance across the US, from Chicago, IL to Los Angeles, CA.  I began by selecting Ranger Distress Paints in colors that reminded me of the desert.  I stenciled some Wendy Vecchi Black Embossing Paste using a Tim Holtz Stencil in the bottom corner.  Images from Artistic Outpost were stamped with Ranger Archival Ink on tissue paper or scrap card stock and water colored with Ranger Distress Inks and adhered to the canvas.  A bit of burlap and some mini sprockets by Idea-ology add a bit of dimension.  I hope you will visit EE and check out all the other inspiration samples by the talented Design Team and then consider submitting a piece of your own for us to enjoy!  Thanks for stopping by.  Hugs, Yvonne

1 comment:

Pia S said...

Wow! Another fabulous canvas piece! You've picked great colors for this theme, it sure looks hot and desert like. Love your combination of items for a masculine feel.