Followers

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Februray Artistic Outpost Design Team Blog Hop




Hello! As a Guest Designer for Artistic Outpost, I am excited to have the opportunity to participate in the Artistic Outpost Design Team Blog Hop for the month of February that features projects created from these gorgeous London inspired plates: London Underground and Loverly London.





For my own project, I began with an unfinished wooden frame. I painted the frame with Picket Fence Distress Stain to create a crackle finish on the frame's surface. Having selected traditional red, white and blue colors for my project, I added some red and white ribbon to the top and bottom portions of the painted frame. Punches of black color were also added throughout my project. I selected and stamped images from both AO plates in Black StazOn ink, Barn Red or Faded Jeans Distress Inks onto glossy paper. All images were distressed with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. Some of the images were matted with red and blue card stock. The various images were arranged around the border of the frame in a manner that seemed pleasing to me. To showcase the loverly woman, I added a doily, some vintage buttons, cheesecloth and a teacup charm and a seam binding bow.


For the gentleman, I added black snaps, Air Mail Baker's Twine and a Tim Holtz fragment charm to draw attention to the "Pip, Pip, Cheerio" sentiment.

To the middle of the frame, I added a red paper backing to provide a backdrop for the "Keep Calm and Carry On" slogan to which I added a black crown. With the 2012 Olympics scheduled for London, I am thinking someone that I know who may be planning to attend who might enjoy this as a reminder of their trip.


Thanks so much for dropping by my blog. I hope you will visit the other Design Team members as they have come up with some very inspirational projects to share with you. You can link directly to their work below:




You might also want to consider creating a project for the Artistic Outpost February Referral Program in shades of red!

Happy Blog Hopping! Yvonne

19 comments:

Ephemera said...

Hi Yvonne, love your canvas, such a fabulous project how you have composed all the various beautifully stamped images is brilliant. Rule Britannia :-D xxx

Ephemera said...

Oooh & congratulations for being a guest designer for Artistic Outpost, love their stamps. Xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely frame Yvonne, love the red and white ribbon, perfect for the London images and I love your collage of images. Great piece. Tracy x x

Suzanne C said...

Perfectly collaged frame. All the beautiful images you put together work wonderfully! Love seeing the details! Beautiful!

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

LOVE that collage. Beautiful!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous canvas, I really like the woman stamp; she's very Lily Langtry.

Terry said...

One fabulous collaged canvas! You really have showcased this collection beautifully!

Hetty said...

Yvonne, your canvas is beautifuly layerd and it is great to look at all the wonderful details.

genagirl said...

It's beautiful!!!! I love all the details - but the man in the top hat is my fave!!!!

NWFlamingo said...

Another beautiful work of art!

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning way to alter the wooden frame with the London images! Wonderful use of color!

Jessica said...

The frame is a great way to commemorate the Queen's anniversary! Great job. TFS

LynnF said...

Truly wonderful art!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This frame is wonderful!!! I think you used every image, and the arrangement of them is WOW!!! This is truly a keepsake to leave out! Fabulous Yvonne!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE how you used a frame to create a collage. And what a beautiful job you did with images with the framing and embellishments. Love how you dressed up Eliza and that fragment charm for the pip pip is inspired. A sensational piece of work, Yvonne!

Lyneen said...

WONDERFUL... love all the detail, layers and textures!!! Great assemblage, well balanced!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic London collage, looks great.

BarbaraW said...

Wonderful collaged canvas

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Way over the top! Each piece is a masterpiece of it's own.